Portuguese Translation Services Agency
Certified Translation Services in Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese
Online Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese Translation Services Company
LinguaVox is an online translation agency specialised translation services from Portuguese from Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique and other Portuguese-speaking countries.
Our professional European, African and Brazilian Portuguese translators are qualified, specialised and experienced linguists who provide multimedia, website, patent, medical, legal, technical, and certified translations into Portuguese.
We also work with native English-speaking translators who can translate your Portuguese-language files into English.
LinguaVox has been offering Portuguese translations for more than 20 years. Two international certificates and a long list of satisfied clients in the UK, Europe and the Americas, attest to our exceptional quality standards.
As an ISO 17100 certified translation company, each of our translators and language professionals are carefully selected and matched to the projects that better suit their specialist skills. We also work with in-country linguists, meaning that if you require the translation of a contract to be used Sao Paulo, we will ensure that the project is assigned to a Brazilian Portuguese translator, with a solid background in law, and who is familiar with the particularities of the judicial system in the state of Sao Paulo. Likewise, if you have a product catalogue you’d like to use in Portugal, we will assign the translation to a Portuguese linguist in Portugal, who will make sure that the translation fits the local market.
European & Brazilian Portuguese Language Services
Portuguese is the official language in nine countries: Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, and the island-nation of São Tomé and Príncipe. It is also an official language in the Special Administrative Region of Macau. Portuguese has official status in international organisations like the European Union, Mercosur, the Organisation of American States, and the African Union.
With over 270 million speakers, Portuguese is the most widely spoken language in the southern hemisphere, and the world’s fifth most spoken language. A recent study by UNESCO declared that Portuguese is, along with Spanish, the language with most potential for international growth. Furthermore, the Brazilian economy is one the world’s largest and future projections predict that it will continue to expand in the short-medium term.
As such the demand for Portuguese translations is constantly growing and LinguaVox provides hundreds of clients with their frequent and growing translation needs into Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese for Portugal.
With such a widespread reach, it is not surprising that there are numerous dialectal variations within the Portuguese language.
Despite recent spelling reforms to homogenise the language globally, there are still significant differences between European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese. The two variants differ widely in terms of spelling, pronunciation, the use of tenses, and vocabulary. Some of the most significant variations include the use of você instead of tu to refer to the 2nd person, differences in word order, and the omission of the definite article. Also, and despite a recent orthographic agreement, there are two orthographic systems applicable to Portuguese. Some publishers and website owners even opt for translating into two different Portuguese versions: one aimed at the Brazilian population, and one targeting Portuguese speakers in Europe.
While Portuguese speakers in Brazil and Europe can generally understand each other, using a European Portuguese translation in Brazil (or vice versa) would present readers with an unnecessary foreign feel. In addition, there are important cultural and geographical references that would be missed by readers of each Portuguese variant.
If the translation is to be used in African countries such as Angola, it is important to know that spelling reforms which have been adopted in Portugal and Brazil are not as widespread and often the pre-reform spelling is preferred.
At LinguaVox translation company we ensure that our Portuguese translations are carried out by in-country translators, as part of a team of expert localisers, to ensure that your Portuguese translation is suitable for the target audience.
Our African, European and Brazilian Portuguese language services include:
- Technical document translation between English and Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese, African Portuguese, or European Portuguese), and between European and Brazilian Portuguese and English – our translators specialise in areas as diverse as forestry, management, human resources, law, medicine, civil engineering, international trade, tourism, manufacturing, import and export, dentistry, etc.
- Technical document translation and interpretation services between Portuguese (Brazilian, African or European) and dozens of other languages, including Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, and many more.
- Certified translations for use in various countries, including Portugal, Brazil, Angola etc.
- Certified translation of Portuguse-language documents into English for use in the UK, USA, Canada etc.
- Software, website and videogame localisation services.
- Multimedia translation solutions – dubbing, narrating, subtitling, etc.
- Desktop publishing (DTP) services and typesetting, using state-of-the-art equipment and software.
- Urgent European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese translations and rush translations.
The Portuguese-speaking market is truely huge and Brazil’s economic growth is helping make Portuguese one of the world’s biggest languages.
If you are looking to explore new markets, LinguaVox can help you enter the Brazilian market by providing expert, high-quality translations from English to Portuguese. Contact us for a free, no-obligation quote.
Did you know that both the UK and the USA are two of Portugal’s biggest trading partners?
If you need to translate Portuguese documents into English, LinguaVox’s triple quality guarantee means that you can be sure that you will receive an accurate translation, translated by native and experienced linguists.
We also offer certified translations of official documents, such as Portuguese birth certificate translation into English, Cape Verde wedding certificate translation into English and many others.
- Arabic Translation Services
- Basque Translation Services
- Bengali Translation Services
- Bulgarian Translation Services
- Burmese Translation Services
- Catalan Translation Services
- Chinese Translation Services
- Czech Translation Services
- Danish Translation Services
- Dutch Translation Services
- English Translation Services
- Estonian Translation Services
- Finnish Translation Services
- French Translation Services
- German Translation Services
- Greek Translation Services
- Hebrew Translation Services
- Hindi-Urdu Translation Services
- Hungarian Translation Services
- Indonesian Translation Services
- Irish Translation Services
- Italian Translation Services
- Japanese Translation Services
- Javanese Translation Services
- Kannada Translation Services
- Korean Translation Services
- Latvian Translation Services
- Lithuanian Translation Services
- Malay Translation Services
- Malayalam Translation Services
- Marathi Translation Services
- Norwegian Translation Services
- Oriya Translation Services
- Pashto Translation Services
- Persian Translation Services
- Polish Translation Services
- Portuguese Translation Services
- Punjabi Translation Services
- Romanian Translation Services
- Russian Translation Services
- Serbo-croatian Translation Services
- Slovak Translation Services
- Slovene Translation Services
- Spanish Translation Services
- Swedish Translation Services
- Tagalog Translation Services
- Tamil Translation Services
- Telugu Translation Services
- Thai Translation Services
- Turkish Translation Services
- Ukrainian Translation Services
- Vietnamese Translation Services
- Welsh Translation Services